Enterprise Therapeutics Limited (company number 09022750) (Enterprise Therapeutics / we / our / us) takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) in the United Kingdom with registration number ZA772377.
If you wish to contact us regarding this privacy and cookies policy, please contact us using the contact details set out here . Our registered office is at Sussex Innovation Centre Science Park Square, Falmer, Brighton, England, BN1 9SB.
This privacy and cookies policy does not apply to websites that you may be able to access via links on the Website and/or activities offered by third parties. Please ensure you review any relevant policies on any third party websites before proceeding. We are not responsible for the collection or use of your personal data from third party websites.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU AND SOURCES OF THAT DATA
- PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
- RETAINING PERSONAL DATA
- YOUR RIGHTS
- PERSONAL DATA NOT COVERED BY THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
- HOW TO CONTACT US
DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU AND OUR SOURCES OF THAT DATA
We will only collect personal information that is necessary for our purposes for processing your data. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Your company and job title;
- Your marketing preferences;
- Cookie information; and/or
- Other online identifiers
We collect data about you in a number of ways including directly from you, automatically where you interact with our Website, and in some instances from third parties.
Data you give us. You may give us data about you:
- when you fill out a form on the Website;
- if you otherwise contact or correspond with us (for example, by phone, e-mail or otherwise);
- if you sign up to receive marketing communications about us, our research or any other information which we feel may interest you about us or our business;
- when you report a problem with the Website; and
- when you provide us with feedback, opinions and / or comments regarding the Website.
Data we collect about you. We will automatically collect the following:
- when you use the Website, details of your usage (including the date, time, location or duration of the usage), but also your gender and interests if you are logged into your Google account when using the Website and your Google account settings allow for this information to be collected
- if you visit the Website certain technical information, for example, the type of device you use to access the Website, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, mobile network information and platform; and ;
- information about your visit to the Website including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as clicks), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Data we collect from or are provided by third parties. We may be given personal data about you from the organisation you represent (for example, we may be given your contact information to discuss research grants with you).
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We will process the personal data held about you for the purposes stated below:
|Purpose of processing||Type of personal data||Legal basis for processing|
|To enable us to process any enquiry you make via the Website or otherwise||Your name, your job title, work email address, subject, message, work phone number and organisation details (if applicable).||Legitimate interest – to enable us to respond to your enquiry|
|To enable us to work with you or the organisation you represent (for example, when we receive research funding from your organisation or to receive products or services from you or the organisation you represent)||Your name, your job title, work email address, work phone number, work address, organisation details (if applicable) and organisation bank details (if applicable)||Performance of our contract with you if we are working with you|
Legitimate interest – to enable us to work with your organisation
|To deal with any concerns or complaints you have raised||Your name, job title, information about the issue raised, organisation details (if applicable), work phone number and work email address||Legitimate Interest – to allow us to deal with your complaint and improve -the Website|
|To ensure that the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device||The information referred to in the “data we collect about you” section above||Legitimate Interest – to allow us to present the Website in an appropriate manner|
|For our internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting||The information referred to in the “data we collect about you” section above||Legitimate Interest – to better understand users of the Website and to continuously improve the Website|
|As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure||The information referred to in the “data we collect about you” section above||Legitimate Interest – to improve and ensure the safety of the Website|
|Marketing/analytics from our website using cookies||The information referred to in the “data we collect about you” section above||Consent|
|To provide you with information about us, our research or any other information which we feel may interest you about us or our business, where you have opted in||Your name, job title, work email address and organisation details (if applicable)||Consent|
Where we need to collect personal data by law or as part of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to work with you.
Where consent is required for our use of your personal data as described above, we will request your consent. Typically, we will collect your consent by you performing an action such as ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent to us (for example, by email or by you providing us with non-mandatory information). Where we process your personal data on the basis of consent, you are able to withdraw your consent at any time and we will cease processing your personal data for that purpose.
We would like to provide you with information by email about us, our research or any other information which may be of interest to you. We will only provide you with marketing communications if you would like us to.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with selected third parties in accordance with this privacy and cookies policy, including:
- service providers (for example, IT services), business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
- government or other law enforcement agencies, in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or for other legal reasons (this may include your location information);
- our investors and in the event that we sell any business or assets or receive investment into our business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or investor;
- professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us, including your personal data, will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or any other contract between you or your organisation and us; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers and others.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data we hold about you will largely be processed and stored at destinations inside the United Kingdom and European Economic Area (EEA).
Where we transfer personal data out of the UK or EEA, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the ICO and, where EU data is being processed, the European Commission.
- Where there is no adequacy decision in place, which means the country is not deemed to provide a sufficient level of protection to your personal data, we will implement appropriate transfer mechanisms to safeguard your personal data. These include:
- For UK data: an International Data Transfer Agreement, or the EU’s standard contractual clauses with UK Addendum
- For EU data: the EU’s standard contractual clauses
Data security is extremely important to Enterprise Therapeutics and we maintain, and ensure that anyone we share your personal data with maintains, appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that an appropriate level of security in respect of all personal data we process. All information you provide to us is stored on secure severs, and once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access or inadvertent disclosure. This includes strict access controls, encryption, multi-factor authentication, and network logging.
RETAINING PERSONAL DATA
We will retain the personal data we receive or collect about you in accordance with our Retention Schedule and only for as long as is reasonably required for us to use it under this privacy and cookies policy or in accordance with our legal rights and obligations. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- You have the right to access data we hold about you, known as a ‘Data Subject Access Request’ or ‘DSAR’. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. We aim to respond to all valid DSARs within one calendar month, although this may in some circumstances be extended.
- You have the right to request that we correct or update an inaccurate, incomplete or out of data information that we hold about you.
- Erasure. You have the right to request that we delete any personal data that we hold about you. Please be aware that this is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. It is likely to be necessary for us to retain your personal data to enable us to carry out our contract with you and your rights under applicable law to request erasure may be limited accordingly.
- Data portability. You have the right to receive personal data you have provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. It also gives you the right to request that a controller transmits this data directly to another controller.
- Restriction. You also have the right to restrict us from processing your personal data if the data is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no longer need to your personal data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Object / Change of preferences. You have a right to request that we stop processing your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. For example, if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, you have the ability to opt out from receiving such communications going forward by contacting us using the details provided below or clicking the relevant link in any communications you receive. Please allow at least 10 working days for your request to be actioned.
- If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the ICO or other relevant Supervisory Authority.
Please note that the rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us using the details set out below.
PERSONAL DATA NOT COVERED BY THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We ask that you do not send us any CVs or speculative applications.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services;
- help us better understand our visitor and/or customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
All cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with current cookie law which is governed by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 in the UK under the EU’s ePrivacy Directive.
Before cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up banner on screen requesting your consent to use non-essential cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of non-essential cookies, you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of non-essential cookies within the settings section of our cookie banner; however certain features of our website may not function fully or as intended.
Strictly necessary/Essential cookies. These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that maintain the security of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.||Necessary|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.||Necessary|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.||Necessary|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.||Necessary|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.||Necessary|
|local_storage_support_test||persistent||The cookie is used in context with the local-storage function in the browser. This function allows the website to load faster by pre-loading certain procedures.||Necessary|
|rc::a||persistent||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.||Necessary|
|rc::c||Session||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.||Necessary|
|__widgetsettings||persistent||This cookie is set by Twitter – The cookie allows the visitor to share content from the website on to their Twitter profile.||Functional|
|collect google-analytics.com||Session||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Statistics|
|_ga enterprisetherapeutics.com||2 years||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Statistics|
|_gat enterprisetherapeutics.com||1 day||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||Statistics|
|_gid enterprisetherapeutics.com||1 day||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Statistics|
|IDE doubleclick.net||1 year||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.||Marketing|
|test_cookie doubleclick.net||1 day||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||Marketing|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||179 days||Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated You Tube videos.||Marketing|
|YSC||Session||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from You Tube the user has seen.||Marketing|
|yt-remote-cast-installed||Session||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded You Tube video||Marketing|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||persistent||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded You Tube video||Marketing|
|yt-remote-device-id||persistent||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded You Tube video||Marketing|
|yt-remote-fast-check-period||Session||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded You Tube video||Marketing|
|yt-remote-session-app||Session||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded You Tube video||Marketing|
|yt-remote-session-name||Session||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded You Tube video||Marketing|
|yt.innertube::nextId||persistent||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from You Tube the user has seen.||Marketing|
|yt.innertube::requests||persistent||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from You Tube the user has seen.||Marketing|
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Any changes we make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on http://enterprisetherapeutics.com/privacy-policy/ and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this privacy and cookies policy.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions, comments and requests regarding the privacy and cookies policy are welcomed and should be addressed to Enterprise Therapeutics Limited at Sussex Innovation Centre Science Park Square, Falmer, Brighton, England, BN1 9SB or emailed to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help facilitate the exercising of privacy rights by data subjects located within the European Union, we have appointed an EU Representative. Our EU Representative can be contacted using the following details:
The DPO Centre Europe Ltd
10 Place Vendôme
Tel: +33 1 53 45 54 72
Please also contact us if you would like to know more about our data processing activities, to update or amend any of your personal data which you have provided to us or if you believe our records relating to your personal data are incorrect.
This privacy and cookies policy was last updated May 2023.